Winter is in full swing in Colorado!
And while I can think of a million and one different things to do in winter and enjoying the snow, some people get a bit snuck.
They want to hide from the snow and they hate being cold.
And or many, it can be challenging to come up with creative date ideas.
I’ve got your back.
Here are enough date ideas to get you through the cold winter months to help you LOVE this time of the year!
55 Winter Date Ideas
- Go to a bunch of chocolate shops and sample the hot chocolate. Compare it at every location.
- Make a snowman in the park. Bring hot chocolate in a thermos to drink.
- Go ice skating. Hold hands.
- Donate your time together at the food kitchen.
- Drink a bottle of wine in front of the fire
- Go to the sled hill and have a competition! Who can sled the furthest? Then snuggle up on the same sled and see if you can go further!
- Walk around the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights.
- Sneak a flask into the movie theater and watch a holiday movie.
- Go skiing or snowboarding together. If you’d never been, take a lesson together.
- Decorate gingerbread houses together.
- Dress up. Go out to eat at a fancy restaurant and then go to the symphony or watch the Nutcracker Ballet.
- Plan a snowball fight with your neighbors.
- Go out to breakfast in your pajamas.
- Make homemade soup and bread together.
- Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride together.
- Get your picture taken together with Santa.
- Shovel snow together. Shovel a neighbors driveway.
- Rub each other’s feet.
- Surprise your significant other at work with a coffee or hot chocolate.
- Get up early. Stay in your PJs. Grab a thermos of hot chocolate or coffee and go watch the sunrise.
- Go to a library or book store and take turns reading to each other out of the same book.
- Go snowshoeing.
- Have a bowling competition. Give each other prizes for worst bowler, best form and most creative bowl.
- Have a Christmas movie marathon.
- Make snow angels. Then drink hot cider.
- Be a kid again. Go to the store and buy your favorite board game as a child and spend all night playing.
- Rent a cabin for the night and have a little get-away.
- Shop for new PJs together.
- Make cinnamon rolls.
- Have an indoor picnic on the floor. Bonus points – light a candle and turn down the lights.
- Take dance lessons together.
- Make blessing bags for the homeless and hand them out together.
- Make cookies. Decorate them. Eat some. Give the rest away.
- Volunteer at an assisted-living center and play card games and talk to those that live there.
- Create a vision board together.
- Build a snow fort!
- Snuggle together in bed or on the couch and read a book together.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Go to a town you’ve never been to and look at Christmas lights.
- Rent snowmobiles and have an adventure together.
- Have a popcorn and pajama party. Watch a romantic comedy.
- Make ornaments for holiday presents.
- Make paper snowflakes together and hang them around the house.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Learn how to knit, sow, pinpoint, etc and do it together on the couch.
- Take a bubble bath together.
- Make a winter wreath.
- Go to an art museum. Have a glass of wine first at a fancy restaurant you’ve never been to.
- Take kissing selfies in the snow.
- Go caroling
- Listen to Michael Buble and dance in the living room.
- Go for a drive through the snow and take pictures
- Go winter camping
- Make a bonfire and roast marshmallows.
- The next time it snows, put on all your gear and go for a walk in the snow holding hands.
I posted this question in my Facebook group and got a bunch of ideas that I hadn’t even thought of! Join us there and get some more love tips of your own!
56. Going to the hot springs.
57. Decorating the house and putting up xmas lights.
58. Picking out a xmas tree together and setting it up.
59. Strolling arm in arm and visiting xmas shops.
60. Hot chocolate, sleigh ride, and a romantic dinner in front of the fire place with martinis
61. Silly hat contest
62. Who can purchase the most useless pair of mittens
63. Surprise snowball attack on someone and drinking Irish Coffees together.
64. Watching/playing basketball and hockey games
65. Ice Fishing. Nothing says romance like sitting over a hole in the ice together waiting of the fish to bite.
66. Pinball. What?! I don’t know. But why not?
67. Walking through the forest and admiring how the snow clings to the trees.
68. Giving each other massages. Sensually.
69. Dog sledding!
Do you have any of your own favorite holiday dates?